BRIEF PERSONAL NARRATIVE
I am an artist - an experiential, deep ecology, social practice artist - working with media including time, place, community, organizational structure and life design. Yes, my training is in business management and educational psychology, but in my heart and my practice, I am an artist. I am driven by curiosity and delight in discovering patterns and natural rhythms. I am a solution seeker and believe there is always another way.
As a coach/consultant, I will DIVE into your world and envision with you your life (or project) as an emerging masterpiece... with the sounds, colors and movements fitting together and flowing with beauty and integrity. My approach combines expertise in stress management, organizational development, human development and deep ecology. I come to the conversation with humility and curiosity. The end goal is that you will be less stressed and more fulfilled.
I am a voracious life-long learner and have designed my own life full of adventure and learning which keeps my aquifer continuously replenished. The list of experiences, when recounted, can cause heads to spin... so I rarely put it all out in one place. Here, is an abridged version with many of the highlights...
EDUCATION & TRAINING
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Economics
Dual Major - Marketing and Decision Sciences
Temple University, Master of Education
Department of Psycho-Educational Processes
an interdisciplinary program in Group Dynamics, Psychology,
Education, Sociology and Human Development
PARADIGMS THAT INFORM MY WORK
CURRENT AND PREVIOUS CLIENTS
SISTER WEBSITE The Academy of Natural Rhythms
OLDER, OUT-OF-DATE WEBSITES
My Sane Workplace, The Home Grown Institute
Unexpected Intimacy: Everyday Connections that Nourish the Soul (Winner of The Colorado Book Award)
The Wellness Calendar (out of print)
- "There are times when people step on your 'train of life' and you think (unwisely) that you know what they will bring to you. Then life takes over and a whole new magic unfolds. Eternal gratitude seems so little compared to the portal that you have helped me to open. The full effects will only reveal themselves to me as I assimilate and do in the coming times… but surely for now, my immense gratitude for you and your help!"
- "I know you to be a deep and wide thinker and trust you to be kind and forthright at the same time. You have done well in inventing a life you love - post divorce, single mom, nature lover, adventuress, curator of experiences - so I think you 'get' where I am coming from. (Heather Z.)
- "I want to thank you tremendously for the grace, skill and inspiration you bring to your work. All those who surround you seemed filled with your sense of patience and efficiency." (Ida U.)
- "Your great professional and personal contribution to the annual conference stays unforgettable to me! Thank you very much." (Rossie M.)
- "[The organization] seems to have a new energy about it - it's great to see - I assume you're behind that. Trust me, it has not gone unnoticed." (Paul D.)
- "Sarah, thank you. I really appreciate the job you’re doing. The difference in this past year is very noticeable." (John H.)
- "Your book resonated with me to the core of my values and being. It strummed something deeply within, causing a stirring, a tickle... and now I find myself thinking more about conversations; What I say. What I don't say... How I listen...How I treat others...." (Carole C.)